- What is Password Protection?
Using Password Protection inside your Control Panel, you can protect your directories against unauthorized access. When a visitor tries to open the protected directory (or a file located inside that directory) a window pops up and requests username and password.
- How to setup a password protected area (directory)?
To password protect a directory:
1. Click on the Password protect directories button on the home page.
2. Navigate to the directory that you want to protect. Select a folder by clicking on the folder name link, or open a folder by clicking on the folder icon.
3. Click on the tick box next to the Lock icon.
4. Enter the name that you want to appear in the Protected Resource Name field. This is optional and purely for the user's benefit.
5. Click on the Save button. Generally, you now need to add at least one authorized user to enable access to the directory. Refer to Adding an authorized user for more information.